This steamy Chinese Hot Pot Recipe is loaded with veggies, chicken, and gluten free bean thread noodles. It’s a warm comforting meal that is healthy as well!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6 or more
• 6 cups chicken stock
• 6 cups water
• 1/2 cup rice vinegar
• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 3-5 slices of fresh ginger
• 3-5 garlic cloves, cracked
• 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, thinly sliced
• 5 ounces bean thread noodles (or rice noodles)
• 1 large bunch of green onions
• 1 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
• 8 ounces mushrooms, any variety
• 4 baby bok choy
• Chile-garlic sauce
- In a large pot, bring the chicken stock, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to a boil. Add the chicken and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until just cooked through. Add the noodles. Stir, then cover and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile chop all the veggies and place in serving bowls. When ready to serve, allow each person to fill their bowls with fresh vegetables and a bit of chile sauce.
- Ladle the scalding hot soup over the veggies and let them sit for 5 minutes. Mix and enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to A SPICY PERSPECTIVE Recipes at https://www.aspicyperspective.com/chinese-hot-pots/