We all love our fish with crispy skin and this recipe is a must try. Creating that great tasting balance of rich Italian oils and flavours with the freshness of seafood it provides a simple way to bring an extra level of innovation to your cooking.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 6 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 cup dry sherry
• 1 cup micro cress
• 500g fresh vongole
• 1 cup parsley (torn)
• 1 tbsp fennel seeds
• 1 brown onion (diced)
• 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium tomatoes (diced)
• 4 x 140g Huon Ocean Trout portions (skin on)
- Place one tablespoon of the olive oil in a heated frypan and when hot, add in the ocean trout, skin-side down. Hold each portion down for 30 seconds using a pallet knife to keep flat. Cook for several minutes until the skin becomes golden and crisp. Turn and cook the other side, keeping the centre moist and glossy. Remove and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a heated saucepan and add in the garlic. Cook for 20 seconds, and then add in the onions and fennel seeds. Cook for several minutes then combine in the vongole and sherry. Bring to a boil, place the lid on and cook for several minutes until all the vongole have opened.
- Remove from the heat, add in the diced tomatoes and parsley then season well.
- Present with the crispy skin ocean trout and finish with a scattering of the cress.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/crispy-skin-ocean-trout-vongole-fennel-tomatoes/