QUICK, EASY and DELICIOUS! This crispy Chicken Stir Fry with blistered green beans and a garlicky sauce is PERFECT for a better-than-takeout weeknight dinner!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 3 tbsps cornstarch
• sesame seeds (Optional)
• minced cilantro (Optional)
• 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
• 1 tbsp minced, fresh ginger
• 3 large garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
• 3/4 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut into 3 inch pieces
• 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch cubes
• 1 tsp chili paste, such as Sambol Oelek OR 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a medium sized bowl toss together the chicken and cornstarch.
- In a large skillet (or wok) heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil over medium heat until glistening, about 2 minutes. Working in small batches, add in the chicken and allow to crisp, about 8 minutes. Turn often until all sides are golden brown and chicken is cooked through. Repeat steps until all chicken is cooked, adding more oil only if necessary.
- Once chicken is cooked add remaining 2 tablespoons of sesame oil to the pan and bring to high heat. The oil should be glistening and almost smoking. Add in green beans stirring often until blistered (little dark spots) and just barely tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, allow skillet to cool down slightly. Stir in garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chili paste and salt. Stir until all ingredients are combine and garlic is fragrant. Add chicken and green beans back to the pan stirring until coated in sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/crispy-chicken-stir-fry