Creamy Steak Fettuccine
Perfect Mother's Day meal.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• 2 tbsps butter
• 2 cups of milk
• 12 oz. fettuccine
• 1 lb. sirloin steak
• 2 cloves, minced
• 4 cups of baby spinach
• 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• balsamic glaze, for drizzling
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
• 1 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Coat both sides of steak with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak until your desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate to let rest, 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, make alfredo sauce: Add butter to skillet and let melt, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then add milk and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Add parsley and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook down 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss until coated, then add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Top with sliced steak and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a19867560/creamy-steak-fettuccine-recipe/