Cranberry Marinated Rack of Australian Lamb with Almond Wild Rice (Lamb Rack)
Looking for a tasty lamb recipe? Try out this simple recipe for Cranberry-Marinated Rack of Lamb with Almond Wild Rice.
• Prep time: 3 hours
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
For the Rack of Lamb:
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 cup cranberries
• 1 cup white or red wine
• 1 sprig fresh rosemary
• 2 Australian Lamb Racks, frenched
• salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 1 cup pure cranberry or pomegranate juice
For Almond Wild Rice:
• 1/2 cup pure wild rice
• 1/2 cup sliced almonds
• juice and grated zest of 1/2 orange
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Place racks of lamb in large, deep dish. Add juice, wine, cranberries, and rosemary. Cover and marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade, pat dry and season to taste. Place marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a thin glaze. Discard rosemary. Keep glaze warm.
- For the rice, place rice in pan of cold, salted water, and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn off heat, cover and allow to steam 20 minutes (rice will swell and curl). Return to a simmer and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Keep warm. Just before serving, toss through the almonds, oregano, orange juice and zest.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 400ºF. Heat oil in a large pan and sear lamb on all sides to brown, place in oven and cook 8-10 minutes for medium rare or until cooked as desired. Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing into individual chops.
- Toss rice with the almonds, oregano, juice, and zest.
This great family recipe is thanks to True Aussie Beef and Lamb at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/consumer-recipes/lamb/cranberry-marinated-rack-of-australian-lamb-with-almond-wild-rice/#