• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8-10
For the smoked salmon:
• 1/4 cup capers
• 250g full-fat cream cheese
• 2 tbsps green jalapeno tabasco
• 1kg side of premium smoked salmon
For the pickled cucumber:
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp finely grated ginger
• 1 telegraph cucumber, finely sliced
- To make the pickled cucumber, bring all ingredients to the boil and allow to cool before adding the cucumber.
- Mix together the cream cheese, Tabasco and capers. Put into a small serving bowl.
- Arrange the salmon on a large serving platter.
- Pile the pickled cucumber over the salmon and serve with the jalapeno, caper, cream cheese spread on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to Eat Well Recipes at https://www.eatwell.co.nz/recipe/17282/Christmas-smoked-salmon-pickled-cucumber-jalapeno-caper-cream-cheese/