Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet
This deconstructed version of a chicken Parmesan sandwich is bound to please everyone at the table. Save money on groceries and use three cups of thawed make-ahead roasted roma tomato sauce instead of jarred sauce.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 lb ground chicken
• 2 tbsps sliced fresh basil leaves
• 1 jar (24 oz) tomato-basil marinara sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
• 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
• 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In large bowl, mix chicken, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the milk, salt, pepper and egg. Shape mixture into 20 meatballs.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place meatballs in skillet, and brown meatballs on all sides, about 3 minutes on each side; drain.
- Add marinara sauce to skillet. Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through and no pink remains (at least 165°F). Remove from heat; top with mozzarella cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and the basil.
- To serve, spoon meatballs and sauce into serving bowls.
This great family recipe is thanks to Betty Crocker Recipes at https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chicken-parmesan-meatball-skillet/5be0568b-75a8-4ca3-a56b-a881172000fc