• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 16 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 30 g unsalted peanuts
• 2 tbsps black bean sauce
• 200 g tenderstem broccoli
• 150 g medium free-range egg noodles
• 2 x 120 g free-range skinless chicken breasts
- Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and toast the peanuts as it heats up, tossing regularly, then remove and set aside, leaving the pan on the heat.
- Meanwhile, score the chicken lengthways at 1cm intervals, going about halfway through.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil, red wine vinegar and black bean sauce to coat. Cook in the hot pan for 3 minutes on each side, or until dark, gnarly and cooked through.
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Trim the broccoli (halving any thick stalks lengthways) and add to the water for the last 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a board. Use tongs to carefully drag the just-cooked noodles and broccoli with a bit of their water straight into the frying pan.
- Pound half the peanuts in a pestle and mortar until fine, toss into the pan with the remaining black bean sauce until well mixed, then divide between your plates.
- Slice the chicken and place on top, scatter over the remaining peanuts, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, and dig in.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver Recipes at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/quick-and-easy-chicken-noodle-stir-fry/