Feed your family Curtis Stone's delicious banana prawn risotto - sure to put a smile on everyone's face.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• fresh lemon juice
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• 6 cups chicken stock
• 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
• 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 cup finely chopped fresh fennel
• 2 cups Sunrice Arborio Risotto Rice
• finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 medium brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 cups of 1cm dice, peeled, butternut pumpkin
• 500g raw banana prawns, peeled and deveined
- In a small heavy-based saucepan, heat the chicken stock over high heat until hot, but not boiling. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, heavy-based, non-stick, high-sided frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and allow it to heat for 2 mins. Add the pumpkin and cook for 5 mins, or until it begins to brown. Add the fennel, onion and garlic and cook for 3 mins, or until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the rice and stir for about 1 min, or until it is well coated with oil and hot. Add the wine and stir constantly for about 1 min, or until most of the wine has evaporated. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Add 1 cup of the hot stock to the rice mixture and cook, stirring almost constantly and keeping the mixture at a steady simmer, for about 2 mins, or until it is absorbed. Continue adding the hot stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is almost completely absorbed before adding more, and cook for about 18 mins, or until the rice is al dente and creamy.
- Stir in the prawns and cook, while stirring and adding more stock as needed, for about 4 mins, or until the prawns are just cooked through but still tender. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley and 1/2 cup of the parmesan. Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt.
- Divide the risotto among four wide serving bowls. Garnish with remaining parmesan and freshly ground black pepper, to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/banana-prawn-risotto/c7b5a1d2-be81-40ab-81a0-9f1e72e97c82