This crazy delicious chicken breast may sounds like an oxymoron, but pineapple and jalapeño marinade - these chicken fajitas are as delicious as it gets. This easy chicken fajita recipe is here to make your life a little easier, and a whole lot tastier.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 1 tsp cumin
• zest of 1 lime
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 2 tbsps cilantro leaves
• 2 tbsps worcestershire
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tbsps apple cider vinegar
• juice of 1 lime, about 1/4 cup
• 1/2 jalapeño, seeded, minced
• 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
• 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 inch sliced
• 4 tbsps olive or canola oil, divided
• 1 green bell pepper, 1/2 inch sliced
• 1 yellow bell pepper, 1/2 inch sliced
• 8 - 10 pieces of 6 inch or 8 inch flour tortillas
• 1 small red onion, 1/4 thinly sliced for the marinade 3/4 sliced for the sautéd veggies
• 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, pounded into 1 inch thickness an cut into 1 inch strips and (pounded thin - Optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Mix the chicken into the bowl and let it marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature or cover it and place it in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the the oil in a large cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Working small batches add the chicken to the pan and sauté until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- When the chicken is cooked add the remaining 2 tbsp oil to the pan and turn up the heat to high. Once oil is smoking sauté the red onions and bell peppers on until they are just tender and turning dark brown in some spots. Add chicken back into the pan and mix everything together.
- Serve the fajitas with warm tortillas, lime, cilantro, avocados and cheese if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/chicken-fajitas