Tomatoes cooked in balsamic vinegar are the perfect sweet-tart compliment to this cheesy chicken.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• 4 slices mozzarella
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tbsps freshly torn basil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pt. grade tomatoes, halved
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with mozzarella and cover with a lid to melt.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47169/caprese-chicken-recipe/