Update the Aussie classic prawns on the barbie, with a marinade of coconut oil, chilli, garlic and ginger.
• Prep time: 2-3 hours to marinate
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp grated ginger
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 24 extra-large green prawns
• 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
• zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
• 1 bunch coriander, leaves finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Butterfly the prawns along the back through the head, leaving connected at the legs. Remove vein and discard.
- Combine the coconut oil, chilli, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice, chopped coriander and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Add the prawns and toss to coat well. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven grill to high. Place the prawns, shell-side down, on a baking tray and cook for 8 minutes or until slightly golden and just cooked (take care not to overcook).
- Place the prawns on a platter, scatter over the extra coriander leaves and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/butterflied-prawns-chilli-coriander/7504aa54-c603-473d-a696-a89bde0e268c?r=recipes/group/sx8icie0