Brown Butter Scallops with Parmesan Risotto
Everything goes really well together and creates an impressive meal... This Brown Butter Scallops with Parmesan Risotto! So Luscious! So Fancy! So Christmas-Date-Night-In Perfect. Say hello to this delicious meal!
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For Parmesan Risotto:
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 cup arborio rice
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
• 3 ish cups of chicken broth
• 1 minced clove garlic or 1 minced shallot or both)
For Seared Scallops:
• 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
• 1 pound jumbo scallops
For Sauteed Spinach or Kale:
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 4 cups spinach or kale
For Brown Butter:
• 3 tbsps butter
- For the Risotto: In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic or shallots and saute for a minute or two, until soft and fragrant. Add the arborio rice, stir to coat with butter. Add the white wine and enjoy the sizzles. Add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and simmer/stir after each addition until the rice is soft and creamy. I usually err on the side of more liquid to get a creamier texture. Add the parmesan and stir until incorporated. Salt + pepp to taste.
- For the Seared Scallops: Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Pat scallops dry (VERY DRY, as dry as possible), sprinkle with salt, and add to pan. They should sizzle (if not, you need a hotter pan.) Shake gently to prevent sticking. After 2-3 minutes, flip each scallop over. They should have a pretty golden brown exterior and an opaque inside. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil. Serve immediately.
- For the Sauteed Spinach: Heat the oil over medium low heat. Add the garlic, stir for a minute to get the flavor going. Add the spinach or kale and stir until wilted.
- For the Brown Butter: Put a few tablespoons of butter in a clean skillet over medium heat and stir it while watching it closely – when it starts to look golden and foamy, remove from heat, transfer to a heat-proof bowl to cool slightly, then drizzle over the risotto, scallops, and greens.
This great family recipe is thanks to Pinch of Yum at https://pinchofyum.com/brown-butter-scallops-parmesan-risotto?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly