Brown Butter Scallops
Cook the most perfect scallops every single time. YES this is exactly what you need. Perfectly seared scallops with all the foamy butter, garlic and fresh thyme. It is divine, quick and easy. It takes 5 ingredients and just 30 minutes!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
• 6 tbsps unsalted butter, divided
• 1 1/4 pounds scallops (about 24)
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Season scallops with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium low; melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the butter starts to foam. Add garlic and thyme to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Return scallops to the skillet; spoon butter over scallops for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Damn Delicious at https://damndelicious.net/2020/12/28/brown-butter-scallops/