This delicious free range beef recipe is just one of many. Learn to make Brie-Filled Australian Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream and Asparagus.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 Australian beef tenderloins
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• 4 slices brie cheese (goats brie preferred)
• 1 sprig fresh thyme
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh grated (or prepared) horseradish
• 3 tablespoons sour cream or crème fraiche
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cut a pocket lengthwise in each tenderloin, large enough to hold the cheese. Take care not to cut through to the other side. Fold open, place cheese in center and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Close pocket, making sure cheese is completely enclosed. Season fillet to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and cook beef on medium high 3-4 minutes each side for medium rare or until cooked as desired. Cover with foil and transfer to a low-heated oven to keep warm.
- Combine horseradish with sour cream and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a pan and sauté asparagus 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Add remaining lemon juice and hazelnuts, toss to combine.
- Serve beef tenderloin immediately topped with horseradish cream. Side with asparagus and chopped hazelnuts.
- To Serve: 16 spears fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped hazelnuts (optional)
This great family recipe is thanks to True Aussie Beef and Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/holiday-recipes/brie-filled-australian-beef-tenderloin-with-horseradish-cream-and-asparagus/