Feed a crowd from one-pot with this sweet, salty and tangy braised sausages with pear and potatoes.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
• 6 baby potatoes, quartered
• 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
• 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs
• 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
• 1 parsnip, peeled, cut into batons
• 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
• 2 small firm pears, cut into wedges
• 500g any type of sausages you like
- Heat half the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add onion, parsnip and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until onion begins to brown. Add the pear and cook for 3 - 4 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the stock, sweet chilli sauce, vinegar and garlic in a jug. Add the stock mixture to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the sausages to the pan and cook, uncovered, for 5-7 mins or until the sausages are cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly. Sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/braised-sausages-pear-potatoes-recipe/8mgpe2zl