• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 600g diced beef (3cm cubes)
• 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
• 250g cherry tomatoes
• 1 yellow capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
• 1 green capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp kecap manis
• 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
• 200g dried rice noodles
• 2 cups (270g) frozen broad beans
• Zest and juice 1 lime + wedges, to serve
• 2 tbsp mirin
• 2 tsp fish sauce
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
• ½ cup mint leaves
• ½ cup coriander leaves
- Using 8 metal or bamboo skewers, thread beef, onion, tomatoes and capsicum alternatively onto skewers. Brush skewers with oil and kecap manis, sprinkle with pepper and season with sea salt.
- Pre-heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning often, or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Prepare broad beans according to packet instructions. Drain and when cool enough to handle remove from shells.
- In a screw-top jar place lime zest and juice, mirin and fish sauce. Shake well to combine. Place noodles, broad beans, cucumber and herbs in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve skewers with noodle salad and lime wedges.
- You will need 8 bamboo or metal skewers for this recipe - soak bamboo skewers for 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Substitute broad beans with edamame or sugar snap peas.
- You can dice your own beef using rump, sirloin, scotch fillet or eye fillet.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef Recipes at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/black-pepper-beef-kebabs-with-rice-noodle-salad/