A super healthy, low-fat recipe that's ideal for barbecue entertaining!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 Luv-a-Duck Fresh Duck Breasts
• ½ cup sweet chilli sauce
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 1 lime, zested & juiced
• 1 fresh red sweet chilli 7-8cm, thinly sliced
• Grilled vegetables
• Lime wedges
• Sliced fresh chilli to garnish
• 1 Chopping board
• 1 Sharp knife
• 1 Measuring cups
• 1 Glass bowl
• 1 BBQ or griddle plate
- Pre-heat BBQ on medium high or griddle plate 3-4 minutes.
- Score the Luv-a-Duck Breast skin 4-5 times lightly with a sharp knife. Season with salt and pepper
- Combine the sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, lime zest & juice together in a large bowl.
- Marinate the duck breasts skin side up in the marinade for up to 24 hours, refrigerated and covered.
- BBQ the duck breast skin side down on the flat plate 2-3 minutes until skin is crispy.
- Turn duck breast and place on the grill on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes taking care not to burn the duck.
- Baste duck liberally with marinade and glaze. Remove from grill and set aside to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Serve sweet chilli duck breast, sliced thinly with grilled vegetables, a wedge of lime and a little sweet chilli glaze and sliced fresh chilli.
Chef’s Tips: To prevent burning allow marinade to drain off prior to barbecuing. Try adding ½ cup of mango or apricot puree to this marinade for a delicious difference.
This great family recipe is thanks to Luv-a-Duck at http://www.luvaduck.com.au/recipes/view/bbq-sweet-chilli-duck-breast/31/