This elegant barramundi burger is topped with dollops of tartare sauce, avocado and watercress.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 x 100g skinless barramundi fillets, pinboned
• 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 2/3 cup (50g) dry breadcrumbs
• 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
• 4 bread rolls, split
• Watercress sprigs, to serve
• Sliced tomato, to serve
• Sliced avocado, to serve
• 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
• 2 tablespoons chopped cornichons
• 1 tablespoon chopped capers
• 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Coat in the flour, then dip in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Place on a plate and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep heavy-based frypan over medium heat. In 2 batches, add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, for tartare sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Spread a little tartare onto bun bases, then top with watercress, tomato, avocado and fish. Dollop with a little more tartare and place bun lids on top. Serve with lemon.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/barramundi-burgers-tartare-sauce/0199931f-0e6d-4683-9a30-813e232b6d8a