For a healthy well-balanced salad that packs a punch try this barramundi and roast pumpkin dish, topped with yummy goats cheese and crunchy chickpeas!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 600g pumpkin, peeled, chopped into 2cm pieces
• 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
• 2 teaspoons mild paprika
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 bunch baby beetroot, trimmed
• 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
• 500g skinless boneless barramundi fillets, cut into 10cm lengths
• 140g bag chopped kale
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
• 2 tablespoons pepitas, toasted
• 80g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine pumpkin, chickpeas, paprika and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place on one prepared tray in a single layer. Brush beetroot with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil. Wrap beetroot individually in foil to enclose. Place on remaining tray. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until pumpkin and beetroot are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil and lemon pepper in a medium bowl. Add fish. Turn to coat. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Flake into large pieces.
- Place kale in a colander. Pour over a kettle of boiling water. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Peel beetroot. Halve lengthways. Whisk remaining oil, lemon juice and mustard in a bowl. Place kale on a large serving platter. Top with beetroot, pumpkin, chickpeas and fish. Drizzle with dressing. Serve sprinkled with pepitas and goat’s cheese.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/easter-barramundi-pumpkin-salad/KoTz17c5