Barbecued Lamb Shoulder with a Greek Salad
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1.5kg lamb shoulder, boned and butterflied
• Juice of one lemon
• 1 tbsp dried oregano
• 4 medium tomatoes cut into chunks
• 2 Lebanese cucumbers cut into chunks
• 12 kalamata olives
• 100g feta, cubed
• 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsps red wine vinegar
• 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
• Fresh oregano leaves and barbecued lemon wedges, to serve
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain, cool and slice. Season with juice of half a lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and freshly ground pepper. Blanch and drain sliced green beans and add to potatoes.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Season lamb cutlets with salt and pepper, lightly oil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove and rest.
- Cook haloumi until golden brown. Squeeze with lemon.
- Toss haloumi with green beans, potatoes, parsley and pomegranate seeds, top with yoghurt and dukkah and serve with the lamb.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Lamb Recipes at https://www.australianlamb.com.au/recipes/lamb-cutlets-with-haloumi-bean-and-potato-salad/#