Baked Pecan Chicken Tenders
These pecan crusted chicken tenders with buttermilk ranch come together in a flash and are loaded with an abundance of flavor and protein.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 eggs
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp cayenne
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 2 cups raw pecan halves or pieces
• 1 cup panko or gluten free bread crumbs
• 1 cup all-purpose or gluten free flour blend
• 1.5 - 2lbs chicken breast tender or chicken strips
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a food processor, pulls pecans until fine as breadcrumbs. Mix pecans along with panko, garlic powder, cayenne and salt in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs until smooth. And finally, in a third shallow bowl add flour.
- Lightly season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Working with one chicken tender at a time, dip in eggs, flour, eggs and then pecan mixture. (be sure to press the pecan mixture onto the chicken to be sure it is completely coated.) Set chicken on a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place chicken on center rack and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve pecan chicken tenders warm with buttermilk ranch. Enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/baked-pecan-chicken-tenders