Flavour prawns with harissa, dill, garlic and lemon, then serve swirled through orzo pasta for a speedy but sophisticated midweek dinner.
• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 100g orzo
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, sliced
• 200g vegetable stock
• 200g cherry tomatoes
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 1/2 tbsp harissa paste
• 250g raw peeled prawns
• 1/2 a small bunch dill, chopped
• 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges
• 100g kale, cavolo nero or spring greens, sliced
- Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until soft and lightly golden. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds, then stir in the tomatoes with a splash of water. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until the tomatoes start bursting and turn saucy. Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Stir the orzo, stock, 1 tbsp harissa, greens and half the dill into the tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Transfer to the oven, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until the orzo is just tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Toss the prawns with the remaining ½ tbsp harissa and a squeeze of lemon. Scatter over the orzo, and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until pink and cooked through. Serve scattered with the remaining dill and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/baked-orzo-with-harissa-prawns/