A high protein chicken salad made without mayo. Nutritious and delicious, this is perfect for lunch, a snack, or a light dinner!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 avocado
• 1/2 cup cottage cheese preferably low sodium
• 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 4 cups cooked chicken breast shredded
• 3 green onions chopped
• 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- In a plastic or glass bowl, mash the avocado to a chunky consistency. Set aside.
- Add the cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic to the bowl of a food processor or blender. Process until completely smooth. Add mixture to the mashed avocado.
- Stir in the chicken, green onions, and cilantro. Taste and season as needed.
- Keep refrigerated, tightly covered, when not in use.
• 4 cups of chicken is about 16 ounces cooked chicken
• Use parsley in place of cilantro if desired
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Avocado-Chicken-Salad-2154752?prm-v1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seasonal&utm_campaign=Best_of_the_Breast?prm-v1