Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Ready in about 40 minutes, this low carb stuffed chicken is full of cheese and asparagus!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 chicken breasts about 5 ounces each
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup grated mozzarella
• 16 spears asparagus trimmed
• 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to butterfly the chicken.
- Drizzle the outside of the chicken with olive oil. Mix together the garlic powder, paprika, and salt and sprinkle over each chicken breast.
- Open up the chicken breasts and lay 1/4 cup of mozzarella on the bottom portion of each breast.
- Top the cheese with 3-4 spears of asparagus, depending on how large each breast is.
- Bring the top of the chicken up over the asparagus to close.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half. Lay 2 half pieces over each breast, tucking the ends under the breast.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to That Low Carb Life Recipes at https://thatlowcarblife.com/asparagus-stuffed-chicken/