• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 3 tbsps Soy Sauce
• 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
• 2 tsps Chili Paste
• 2 tsps Crushed or Minced Garlic
• 2 Limes, juiced
• a few liberal drizzles of Honey
• pinch of Ground Ginger
• 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
Beef and Veggies:
• 3 Bell Peppers, sliced (red, orange, yellow)
• 1 Red Onion, sliced
• 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
• 1/2 lb Chuck Beef
• a few dashes Salt & Pepper
• 1 head Butter Lettuce, washed
• Cooking spray to grease
• diced scallions and/or sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- In small mixing bowl combine all sauce ingredients, whisking well until thoroughly combined.
- In large skillet toss peppers and onions in sesame oil, then cover and allow vegetables to simmer/sauté over medium flame until needed – Periodically stir to avoid burning/uneven cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to broil. Lightly grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On cutting board cut beef into chunks, then amply salt & pepper before dressing with 2 tbsps of the soy sauce mixture. Transfer beef to baking sheet, then broil on second oven rack* for ~4 minutes, turning the pieces mid-way. Because every oven is different, watch your meat closely!! Beef should be slightly pink in the middle when done.
- When ready, compose lettuce cups with sautéed veggies and cooked beef. Drizzle each cup with additional sauce, top with scallions and sesame seeds, and serve!
This great family recipe is thanks to WRY Toast Recipes at http://www.wrytoasteats.com/dinner-two-20-minute-korean-beef-lettuce-wraps-w-rainbow-veggie-slaw/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly