Vietnamese Chicken Wings
This sticky sweet and savory chicken wings recipe with fish sauce, garlic and sugar marinade. These oven baked chicken wings are delicious and addictive!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup fish sauce
• 1 tbsp crushed peanuts
• 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
• 3 dashes ground black pepper
• 8 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
• 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. (about 0.6 kg - 1 kg) chicken wings
- Rinse the chicken wings with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Transfer the chicken to a big bowl or a Ziplock bag.
- In a bowl, add the garlic, fish sauce, sugar and ground black pepper together. Stir to mix well.
- Add the marinade to the chicken wings, combine well so the chicken wings are well coated with the marinade. Marinate the chicken wings for two hours or best overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown. Top with the crushed peanuts and cilantro and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/vietnamese-chicken-wings/