This Easy, sweet and sticky Korean Fried Chicken recipe that takes only 3 key ingredients: chicken, soy sauce, and sugar.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 2 cups vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsps sugar
• 2 pounds (1kg) chicken wings
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat to 350°F (176°C).
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add the chicken wings to the Dutch oven, 5 or 6 at a time, and fry until light brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Increase oil temperature to 400°F(204°C). Add the chicken wings to the Dutch oven again and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Heat soy sauce and sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve wings immediately, tossed with soy sauce glaze.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/sweet-and-sticky-korean-fried-chicken/