• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• baby rocket
• lime zest and slices
• 500g beef sausages
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 2 tsps smoked paprika
• 1 red onion, 1cm diced
• greek yoghurt, to serve
• 1 punnet grape tomatoes
• 1 red capscium, 1cm diced
• 1 yellow capscium, 1cm diced
• 500ml (2 cups) veal or beef stock
• 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup white or tricolour quinoa, rinsed in a fine sieve
- Lightly spray a deep frying pan with oil and cook sausages on all sides, until well browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Add capsicum and onion to pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, add spice and quinoa and stir to coat. Add stock, beans and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer covered for 15 minutes until grains have started to open up.
- Slice sausages into 1cm slices and return to the pan, cook for another 5 minutes until heated through.
- Top with rocket, lime zest and slices and yoghurt to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/smoky-beef-sausage-paella-with-lime-and-coriander/