Smoked salmon and dilled sour cream crêpe cakes, salmon recipe, brought to you by Australian Women's Weekly.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 60 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 cup (150g) plain flour
• 4 eggs
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 cups (500ml) milk
• 1/3 cup (65g) drained capers, rinsed, chopped coarsely
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
• 2 tbsp grated lemon rind
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 cups (480g) sour cream
• 1 kg sliced smoked salmon
- Line base and side of two deep 20cm-round cake pans with plastic wrap.
- Place flour in medium bowl. Make well in centre; gradually whisk in combined eggs, oil and milk. Strain into large jug; stand 30 minutes.
- Heat oiled 19cm frying pan; pour ¼ cup of the batter into pan, tilting pan to coat base. Cook over low heat, loosening around edge with spatula until browned lightly. Turn; brown other side. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining batter to make a total of five crêpes.
- Combine capers, dill, rind, juice, garlic and sour cream in small bowl. Place a crêpe in pan; spread with ⅓ cup of sour cream mixture, cover with a quarter of the fish. Continue layering with remaining crêpes, sour cream mixture and fish, finishing with a crêpe. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Gently turn cakes onto chopping board; discard plastic wrap. Using sharp knife, carefully trim cake into a square; discard trimmings. Cut into 4cm squares; top squares with sour cream and dill, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to FOOD TO LOVE at http://www.foodtolove.com.au/recipes/smoked-salmon-and-dilled-sour-cream-crepe-cakes-29127