This recipe takes about just 10 minutes of prep in the morning. Slice up peppers and an onion, then mix in some whole-grain mustard and your favorite beer.
• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 cup beer
• 2 tbsps whole-grain mustard
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 pounds uncooked sausages
• 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
• 10 hot dog buns or small sandwich rolls (Optional)
• 3 medium bell peppers, assorted colors, sliced 1/2 inch thick
Method: Place the peppers, onion, beer and mustard in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, then stir to combine. Place the sausages in an even layer over the pepper mixture. Cover and cook on the LOW setting until the peppers are tender and the sausages are cooked through, about 6 hours.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Kitchn at https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-sausages-with-peppers-and-onions-248215?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly