Loves the way a Moroccan spice rub tastes with a good, juicy skirt steak.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 garlic clove, smashed
• 4 large pita breads, for serving
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• 3/4 cup plain whole milk yoghurt
• 1 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeños
• romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
• 3 tbsps plus 1 1/2 tsps Moroccan spice rub
• 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 6 inch lengths
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Light a grill. Rub the steaks all over with 3 tablespoons of the spice rub and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, scallions, garlic, jalapeños and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice rub. Stir in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil and grill over high heat, turning occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare meat. Brush the pitas with olive oil and grill until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks across the grain. Transfer the steaks to a platter and serve with the toasted pita, yogurt sauce and lettuce leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food&Wine Recipes at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/skirt-steak-moroccan-spice-rub-and-yogurt-sauce