Impress your friends with these stylish, healthy canapés.
• Prep Time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 3 minutes
• Yield: Serves 20
• 20 scallops
• 2 garlic cloves
• knob of fresh root ginger
• sweet chilli sauce, to serve
• handful coriander stems or leaves
• 4 tbsps vegetable oil, plus extra for cooking
- Place the ginger, coriander and garlic in a pestle and mortar, then pound to a paste. Add the oil and mix through. Pour over the scallops and rub in until they are covered with the mixture. Thread each scallop onto a skewer (see Know-how, below). Can be done up to 1 day in advance.
- To cook, heat a non-stick frying pan until really hot. Place a couple of skewers in the pan and cook for 2 mins, until starting to turn golden. Turn over, drizzle with more oil if needed, then cook for another min. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12538/seared-scallops-with-sweet-chilli-sauce