Cooking delicious scallops has never been easier thanks to this simple seared scallops recipe.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 pound scallops
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• fresh basil, as garnish (Optional)
• lemon wedges, for serving (Optional)
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel.
- Season both sides of the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the scallops to the pan once the oil is shimmering, then cook them for 3 minutes on each side. Remove the scallops from the pan and pour in the lemon juice.
- Deglaze the pan by scraping up any remaining bits.
- Pour the pan juice over the scallops.
- Garnish the scallops with fresh basil, if desired, and serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Tasting Table at https://www.tastingtable.com/851253/seared-scallops-recipe/