A quick-cooking scallops perfect for this light summer meal on the table in a matter of minutes.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 tbsps olive oil, divided
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 2 tbsps fresh tarragon leaves
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• 1 pint Sun Gold or grape tomatoes
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped skin-on hazelnuts
• 1 1/2 pound large sea scallops, side muscle removed, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Toss with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Season scallops with salt and pepper; cook until golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour off most liquid in skillet. Add tomatoes and shallot, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until some tomatoes have burst, about 4 minutes. Mix in vinegar and serve with scallops topped with tarragon and hazelnuts.
This great family recipe is thanks to bon appetit at https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/scallops-with-hazelnuts-and-warm-sun-gold-tomatoes