Serve with wedges of rich and creamy potato rosti and sweet roasted cherry tomatoes, these sausage are in good company.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 2 tsp chopped thyme leaves
• 250 g (1 punnet) cherry toamtoes
• 1 cup (about 250 ml) thickened cream
• 600 g good-quality chipolata sausages
• 1 kg potatoes, cut into 1 cm thick chips
• onion marmalade or chutney and small basil leaves, to serve
• 3/4 cup grated cheese, mixed with 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 23cm springform cake pan. Cover outside of pan with a layer of foil to prevent seepage.
- Spread 3 layers of potato and cheeses in pan. Mix cream, thyme, mustard, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frypan on medium heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 4-5 minutes until browned. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and sausages are cooked through.
- Run a knife around rim of rosti pan, then unclip and slide rosti onto a board. Cut into wedges and serve with sausages, tomatoes, onion marmalade and basil.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/sausages-potato-rosti-bake/957b65a7-088d-495d-b843-52b07683a0cf?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/yil20vmy