This old-fashioned favourite shows that you don't need to go all out to create satisfying family dinners.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 thyme sprigs
• 1 tbsp plain flour
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
• 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
• 200g eschalots, thinly sliced
• 12 pork or beef chipolata sausages
• 1 1/2 cups (375ml) beef consomme
• mashed potato and green beans, to serve
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook eschalot, stirring, for 5 minutes until soft. Stir in flour, then add wine, herbs and consomme. Increase heat to high, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes until slightly reduced. Stir in mustard. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the sausages, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Divide the mash, beans and sausages among plates, then drizzle with gravy and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/sausages-eschalot-gravy/24ec7781-ab3b-47be-b8d2-007d59d47fb6?