Sausage & Courgette Kebabs
Children aged 3-6 can make their own dinner and have fun threading these skewers.
• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves about 8 small skewers
• 8 cherry tomatoes
• 3 chipolata sausages
• 1 little oil, for brushing
• 1/2 red, yellow or orange pepper, cut into fat strips
• 2 thin courgettes or 1 fat one, cut into quarters lengthways
- Ask your grown-up helper to turn the oven to 200C/ 180C fan/gas 6. Cut the courgette and pepper into chunks with a knife or scissors (or ask your grown-up).
- Cut each sausage into 3 or 4 pieces with your scissors (or ask your grown-up to do this).
- Push the wooden sticks through the cherry tomatoes, peppers, courgettes and pieces of sausage in any order, making sure the pointy end is facing away from you.
- Brush your skewers with olive oil and put in a baking dish. Ask your grown-up helper to put them in the oven for 20 mins or until the veg are soft and the sausage cooked.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-courgette-kebabs