This roasted duck breast recipe is a rich and indulgent meal for two – the rich red wine sauce intensifies the succulent duck breast.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 200ml red wine
• 1 lemon, zested
• 1½ tbsp olive oil
• ¼ tsp ground cumin
• 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
• 100g fine green beans
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 280g duck breasts, scored
• 400g Jersey royal potatoes
• 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6. Toss the potatoes in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp oil, 1 sprig of rosemary and the lemon zest. Roast for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the remaining rosemary and oil together with the cumin and garlic to make a marinade.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add the duck, skin side down. Reduce the heat and fry for 6-8 minutes until crisp. Turn and cook for 5 minutes. Brush with the marinade, then remove and transfer to the tray in the oven. Roast with the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the wine into the pan used to cook the duck and mix in the jelly. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Slice the duck and serve drizzled with the red wine sauce and the veg on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to Sainsbury's Recipes at https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/main-courses/roasted-duck-breast-with-a-red-wine-sauce