A warm autumnal salad mixing root vegetables roasted in caraway and honey, accompanied by a duck breast and a smoked paprika dressing.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed, peel on and cut into batons
- 2 medium parsnips, scrubbed, peel on and cut into batons
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Zest of half a lemon
- drizzle honey
- The seeds from half a pomegranate
- Small handful of coriander leaf, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs full fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp smoked salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 C.
- First cook your duck according to packet instructions. This will likely involve, scoring and seasoning the duck, pan frying skin down in a dry pan for 6 minutes, then transferring to an oven for 10-15 minutes (depending on how rare you like your duck), then resting for 10 minutes before slicing up.
- Toss the carrot and parsnip batons in a tsp of olive oil, the caraway seeds, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt. Lay on a baking tray and finish with a drizzle of honey. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes of until fork tender and slightly charred.
- Whilst the roots are cooking make your dressing by simply stirring all the ingredients together.
- Toss the warm carrots with the chopped coriander and pomegranate (leaving some for top garnish), then plate up with the sliced duck. Drizzle over the creamy dressing and serve immediately
This great family recipe is thanks to Natural Kitchen Adventures at http://naturalkitchenadventures.com/roasted-caraway-roots-with-duck-breast-smoked-paprika-dressing/