• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 3 hours
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1.5 kg leg of lamb
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3 onions, peeled and quartered
• 1 bulb garlic, sliced
• 250 g tomatoes
• 2 glasses (370ml each) red wine
• 250 g fresh green beans
• a few stalks thyme and rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Rub the lamb all over with oil, salt and pepper. Put it in a roasting pan with the onion and garlic and roast for about 2 and a half hours, basting regularly. At intervals add in some wine and 4 cups of water.
- Dip the tomatoes in boiling water and peel off the skin. Cut them in half and add them to the roasting pan along with the beans and herbs, 30 minutes before the end of roasting time.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Provencal-Lamb-1412941