Enjoy a warm and hearty home-cooked meal, even when you don't have time for cooking! This pressure cooker stew comes together in under an hour.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 3 tbsps olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 1 onion, chopped
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 8 whole baby potatoes
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 ½ lb. pork shoulder cubes
• 1 rutabaga, peeled and cubed
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 4 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown the pork in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pressure cooker over medium heat, soften the onion, bell pepper and garlic in the remaining oil (1 tbsp/15 ml). Add the pork, rutabaga, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Close the cooker and bring it to pressure over high heat. Reduce the temperature to medium (or just enough to maintain pressure) and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat and let the pressure release. You can speed up the process by running the cooker under cold water.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network Recipes at https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/pressure-cooker-pork-stew-with-fall-vegetables/17363/