Prawn and Tomato Risotto
You won't be able to resist the aroma as this tasty risotto - made with banana prawns and hearty tomato sauce - cooks on the stove in just under an hour.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/3 cup basil leaves
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
• 2 cups (400g) arborio rice
• 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• Extra virgin olive oil, extra, to serve
• 1 small fennel, trimmed reserving fronds, thinly sliced
• 400g raw banana prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
• 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
• 500g jar Dolmio Extra Tomato, Onion & Roast Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Combine the pasta sauce, stock and ½ cup (125ml) water in a saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and keep at a gentle simmer.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft. Add the garlic and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the grains appear glassy.
- Add ½ cup (125ml) of stock mixture to the pan. Cook, stirring, until liquid is completely absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock mixture, gently stirring constantly and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more, until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and risotto is creamy. (This should take about 20 mins.) Stir in the prawns, asparagus and peas and cook for 5 mins or until the prawns curl and change colour.
- Sprinkle risotto with sliced fennel, reserved fronds and basil leaves. Serve with extra oil and lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipe at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/prawn-tomato-risotto-recipe/8w57n5zn