Add spice to your salad with this Middle Eastern twist.
• Prep Time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 2 tsps spice
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 large rounds lebanese bread
• 150ml olive oil, plus extra for frying
• 3 butter lettuce, outer leaves discarded
• 1 bunch radishes, washed, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1kg whole green prawns, shelled, deveined, tails intact
• 2 lebanese cucumbers, peeled, seeds, removed, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces, place on a baking tray and toast in oven for 5 minutes or until golden. Divide lettuce leaves between 8 serving bowls, and add vegetables.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil and lemon zest and juice in a separate bowl, then season with salt and pepper. Toss prawns in spice. Heat a little extra oil in a frypan over high heat, and fry prawns for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked. Add prawns and bread to each bowl, drizzle with dressing, and serve immediately. This salad can also be served in 1 large salad bowl.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawn-fattoush-salad/771b47bf-39b1-4cff-8866-94d7742fc799?