30 minutes is all it takes to make these fiery, pork tacos topped with sliced jalapenos, sour cream and fresh lime.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 10
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 500g pork sausages, casings removed
• 30g pkt Old El Paso Taco Spice Mix
• 375g jar Old El Paso Mild Thick & Chunky Salsa
• 1 lime, juiced
• 208g pkt Old El Paso Mexicana Street Market White Corn Tortillas
• 1 cup (60g) shredded gem lettuce
• 1/2 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
• 1/2 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup coriander leaves
• 2 tbsps drained Old El Paso Jalapeños, halved
• Sour cream, to serve
• Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until softened. Add sausages and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5 mins or until browned and cooked through.
- Add the spice mix and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until fragrant. Stir in half the salsa and 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cook for 5 mins or until mixture thickens. Stir in the lime juice.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas following packet directions.
- Combine the lettuce, apple, avocado and coriander in a bowl. Divide among tortillas. Top with sausage mixture, jalapeños, sour cream and remaining salsa. Serve with lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausage-tacos/c6HV2Aag