Winter doesn’t mean you can’t eat fresh. Winter vegetables are perfect for a slaw salad. Served with Ocean Trout and a tangy hot lemon butter sauce, you will be wanting this recipe every winter’s night.
• Prep time: 18 minutes
• Cook time: 7 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 lemon zest and juice
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1/8 red cabbage, shredded
• 3 or 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley
• 1/2 small fennel, finely shredded
• 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
• 2 Huon Ocean Trout portions, skin off
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, finely minced
• 1 tbsp honey, depending on how sweet you like your slaw
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl season to taste.
Toss the fennel, carrot, cabbage and parsley in a large bowl, add dressing toss again and set aside.
- Heat a medium fry pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-heat.
- Season Ocean Trout and cook, for one minute each side.
- Add garlic and lemon and butter, swirl and shake the pan to melt the butter and distribute around the Ocean Trout.
- Turn and cook for another 5 minutes. Basting with the pan juices. Serve with slaw.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/pan-fried-ocean-trout-with-hot-lemon-butter-and-winter-slaw/