Mini Huon Salmon Cakes
These crunchy Huon Salmon mini cakes are sure to get any party started. You can easily double the recipe if feeding a big crowd.
These are also a great brekkie option served alongside some scrambled eggs and mashed avocado – yum!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 300g Fresh Huon Salmon
• 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
• 3 cloves Garlic
• 1 tbsp Chives, roughly chopped
• 1 Egg
• 1 Lemon
• Oil - for deep frying
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
Place the salmon, ½ the panko crumbs, garlic, chives, egg and the zest from the lemon in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until just combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the extra panko crumbs on a plate. Roll the salmon mix into small balls about 1 tablespoon in size, then roll the balls in the extra panko crumbs. Arrange on the baking tray and chill in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Add enough oil in a medium saucepan to reach a depth of 5cm. Heat to 190°C over medium-high heat (when the oil is ready a cube of bread will turn golden in 10 seconds). Add 4 salmon cakes to the oil and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with the remaining cakes, reheating the oil between batches. Serve on a tray with lemon wedges or even mayonnaise on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/mini-huon-salmon-cakes/