Meat-Filled Pitta Sandwiches
• Prep and cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 pita bread
• garam masala
• 4 tbsps olive oil
• ground cinnamon
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 1 ¾ cups plain yogurt
• 1 clove garlic (crushed)
• 1 romaine heart (sliced)
• 2 scallions (sliced into rings)
• 4 radish (finely sliced or shaved)
• ½ cucumber (peeled if desired, halved, deseeded and sliced)
• 4 cups lamb (e.g. lamb eye of loin, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Season the yoghurt to taste with salt, ground black pepper and a pinch of garam masala.
- Put the radishes, cucumber, lettuce and spring onions in a bowl. Mix with the lemon juice and 2 tbsp oil, and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Toast the pitas briefly on both sides in a hot frying pan. Cut in half, and open into pockets.
- Mix the lamb with a pinch each of cinnamon, cumin, salt and ground black pepper and the remaining oil. Mix with the crushed garlic.
- Fry the lamb in a hot griddle pan on all sides for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the pan, cool slightly then mix through the salad.
- For the kebab, spoon a little yoghurt into the pita pockets, add the meat and salad mixture and serve with the remaining yoghurt in a bowl on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to EatSmarter Recipes at https://eatsmarter.com/recipes/meat-filled-pitta-sandwiches?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly