Lemon Orzo with Scallops
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 cup orzo
• kosher salt
• 2 cups baby arugula
• freshly ground pepper
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 5 tbsps unsalted butter
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 to 2 tbsps capers, drained
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
• grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 pound sea scallops, "foot" muscles removed
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, then drain. Transfer the orzo to a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons butter, the lemon zest, half of the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the reserved pasta cooking water. Season with salt and pepper; toss, adding more pasta cooking water as needed to loosen. Cover to keep warm.
- Pat the scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallops and cook until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until just cooked through, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until golden, about 10 seconds. Add the wine, 1/4 cup water and the remaining lemon juice. Cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the capers and the remaining 3 tablespoons butter; swirl to melt. Stir in the parsley.
- Add the arugula and tomatoes to the orzo; toss. Serve with the scallops and pan sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network Recipes at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/lemon-orzo-with-scallops-3364362