Kick off the week with a zingy salad with fresh ginger, fennel and honey-lime flavours.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 tsps honey
• olive oil spray
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsps Dijon mustard
• 150g baby spinach leaves
• 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
• 2 tsps finely grated lime rind
• 1 tbsp shredded fresh ginger
• 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
• 400g can salt-reduced chickpeas
• 40g (1/4 cup) silvered almonds, toasted
• 1 baby fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
• 2 lamb eye of loin (backstraps), fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Season the lamb with pepper. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned and cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, spinach, fennel, mint, ginger, shallot and almonds in a large bowl.
- Whisk lime rind, lime juice, honey, oil and mustard in a jug. Season with pepper. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Divide the salad and lamb among serving plates.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/lamb-spinach-ginger-salad/9d902f3d-54d6-4977-8b73-c08f0c4b81d5